REQUIRED BEFORE LAUNCH
- Revise Profile instructions. Add list of FAQs/TOC (change your profile image, add a YouTube video, etc.) at top with links to simple quickstart explanations
- Create simple starting passwords for all members (1lastname)
- Check Professional Members list (Jen). Open Users, All Users, then pick user category at top
- Add bank to PayPal account (Jen)
- Clean up stray test pages, posts, unused plug-ins, etc. Make private pages private.
BEFORE LAUNCH IF POSSIBLE, OR SOON AFTER
- Put 7 Secrets form somewhere, location TBD
- Restructure About page (Maryann). “Jazz it up”.
- Add Alan Weiss award to Awards page (need info, see below)
- Confirm maintenance contract
- Change Find a Speaker Area of Expertise search to use check boxes instead of pull-down, with multiple selection. Ultimate Member does not support this, so unless they add the feature, it will require some serious custom coding.
DECISIONS OR MORE INFO NEEDED
- Descriptive text under header on Find a Speaker page (Maryann)
- More than one future event? (Maryann) – Note that the center widget can hold multiple events, just additional text widgets in the center area.
- Add an event calendar to the top of the Events page? (Maryann)
- Alan Weiss award information for Awards page. What position in the list?
- Open new Dreamhost account with ? as the owner
- Move domain & site to the new account
- Set up VaultPress backup
After site is live on the real URL
- Enable caching
- Set up Vaultpress backup
- Set up backup to Google Drive, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enable search engine crawl, add SEO metadata
- Set up WordPress.com analytics through JetPack
- Set up Google Analytics to email@example.com
- Transfer all three domains from Network Solutions to Dreamhost, before 5/15/18
- Create simple administrator instructions (how to add a member, how to add an event, etc.)
- Create technical summary page (child theme details, customizations, etc.)
- Take down February events they are in Draft status
- Remove Aspiring Speakers from Find a Speaker. Remove checkmark in Join page table. Aspiring speakers are still Users, but are not included in the Find a Speaker list or search, and the check mark is removed.
- Resolve UM bug that doesn’t allow search results when logged in – fixed
- Fix Event listing sort – plug-in is not working – fixed
- Change “Local” to “Locally” on slider (Maryann) – done
- Replace “7 Speakers” widget with Google Calendar widget owned by firstname.lastname@example.org & Add events, etc. to that calendar – done. Replaced 7 Speakers with a text widget in which you can manually enter upcoming events with links to that page. Having a full calendar with only 1 event each month doesn’t look good.
- “Email NSA-NE” in top right, or actual email address? (Maryann) – use email@example.com – done
- Mark required fields with asterisk and footnote – done – it’s only the Search-by name and the Areas of Expertise. I put the “footnote” at the top in read, near them.