When you became a member of NSA New England, you were given a username and password for your membership on the web site nsanewengland.com.
How do I log in?
How do I change my profile photo?
How do I add a YouTube video?
LOGGING IN TO NSANEWENGLAND.COM TO CREATE OR EDIT YOUR PROFILE
- Browse to nsanewengland.com
- At the bottom of the page, click on Member Login
- On the Login page, enter your email address or assigned user name, and your assigned initial password.
- After logging in, you will be on your Member Profile page, which will be empty until you enter your information. (If you get lost, click the Your User Profile link at the bottom of the page.)
- Click the gear symbol and Edit Profile to enter your personal profile editor page.
- When you are finished, you can either click Update Profile at the bottom, or the checkmark to the right of your photo; or Cancel to start over. If there are errors, they will be flagged for correction.
- When you’re finished, log out and search for yourself on the Find a Speaker page, and confirm that your profile is correct.
EDITING YOUR PROFILE
First, upload your profile photo. Your photo will be displayed at 200 x 200 pixels, framed in a circle (a little larger than an inch on a desktop display). Compose and crop your profile photo accordingly, in any photo editing program, and save the photo in JPG or PNG format in a location on your computer that can be easily found for uploading (such as your desktop, or Pictures folder). You can upload a photo with resolution as high as 1000 x 1000 pixels, but it will be reduced in size by the program.
- Click the camera icon at the top of the page, then Upload photo, then Upload in the pop-up box.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved your photo, select it, and click Open.
- If the photo uploads successfully, it should show in the pop-up with a cropping square. Drag and stretch the square for the best fit. If you don’t like it, click Cancel and try a different photo. When it’s OK, click Apply. Your photo should now show in your profile.
Tell us a bit about yourself (required, 180 characters max)
The next box, under your photo, is labeled “Tell us a bit about yourself”. In this box, enter a short description or highlights of your talks. This is the text which will show in the excerpt on the “Find a Speaker” page. It can be no more than 180 characters, and is not formatted. This field is required.
Search by name (required, at least your full first and last names)
Enter your first and last names, and also common misspellings (Alan, Allan, Allen). This field is not shown to the public in your profile, but is used by the name search on the “Find a Speaker” page.
Area of Expertise (required, at least one, no more than 6)
Check the boxes for the topics you speak on. These will be shown in the excerpts on the “Find a Speaker” page and can be searched. You must check at least one area. If none are applicable, contact the NSA-NE office.
YouTube Videos (optional, up to 3)
To the right, you can enter the video ID of up to three YouTube videos which will be displayed in your profile. The video ID is the string of letters and digits after “v=” in the address of your video. For example, if you can watch your video at “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZuNzJ4pKIs”, the video ID is “HZuNzJ4pKIs”. For additional videos, you have the opportunity later to enter your YouTube channel address.
The next four fields are optional. If you enter them here, they will be shown in your public profile. They are optional to protect your privacy, but you should however include at least your phone number, email address or web site, or potential clients will not be able to contact you. “Location” should be general, like “Boston” or “Nashua”.
A general location that describes where you work, like “Boston” or “Nashua” or “US” or “Worldwide”.
Phone Number (optional)
Your phone number, in the form “###-###-####”.
Email Address (optional)
A proper email address, like “firstname.lastname@example.org”. This will become a clickable mailto link.
Web Site (optional)
Your web site, including “http://” or “https://”, like “https://www.somedomain.com”. This will become a clickable link.
About (required, up to 500 words)
A longer description about you and what you offer. It can be formatted with various fonts and colors and can include photos, tables and links (but not iframes). It is limited to 500 words.
The next four fields are for address of social networking pages you wish to publicize. These will be displayed as social network icons at the top of your profile, under your photo.
YouTube Channel (optional)
Your YouTube Channel web address (the whole thing, starting with “https://”)
Your LinkedIn home page (the whole thing, starting with https://)
Your Twitter handle (without the @ sign)
Your Facebook home page (the whole thing, starting with https://)
The next four fields are required, for internal use only. They are not shown to the public.
Other Phone Number