10/13/2012 - Judith Briles: Is There a Book in You?
Learn How to Create, Develop and Publish a Book in Today’s Market
There are three key mistakes that newbie authors make:
1. They fail to have their books professionally edited;
2. They rush to publish; and
3. They fail to market their book once it’s publish
The POD—print-on-demand method of printing—has created more trash than the book buying public needs, or wants. Why? Simply because authors are “publishing” without caring or knowing the ins and outs of being an author and publishing a book. They get duped by publishers, publishing and others who want their money. Publishing predators lurk in just about every corner—offering deals to publish an author for a steal of a deal, then compound it with hefty sums of add-on moneys … after the contract is signed!
The large publishers are downsizing, the traditional brick & mortar stores are closing, and readers are embracing eBooks. These and other changes are affecting literary agents, wholesalers, distributors, reviewers, printers, truckers and everyone in the book trade. The winners will be the authors and smaller publishers.
Is There a Book in You? will show you how to:
• Where is book publishing going and how can you take advantage of it;
• What opportunities are emerging as the book trade evolves into new forms;
• Learn the dollars and sense of publishing;
• The key elements that will lead to your book success;
• How to create your Book and Author Platforms;
• How to strategize your eBook strategize;
• Critical factors in creating an Internet Book Launch;
• Why you should consider marketing via an Author or Book Blog;
• How to create a book and in which format should it be published;
• Identify which format is for you and how to begin the first step;
• How to avoid losing money;
• Why POD or a pay-to-publish publisher could be a publishing disaster;
• How to build a team a publishing team that works;
• Learn why the savvy author niches a book;
• Determine which publishing option is for you;
• Sell tons of books with speaking engagements;
• And so much more.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is interested in writing and publishing a book. Judith’s presentation is full of supporting statistics, scenarios and strategies on what to do now! If there is a book in you, you need to attend. Expect hot seats!!
Dr. Judith Briles is the author of 30 books—18 published with New York houses until she created her own imprint in 2000. Based in Colorado, she’s published in 16 countries and with over a 1,000,000 copies sold of her work. Show Me About Book Publishing co-written with book marketing guru John Kremer and master book publicist Rick Frishman and Creating and Developing the Author and Book Platforms are her latest.
Judith is the Founder of Author U (university), a membership group of 400 plus authors and small publishers, is a past president of the Colorado Authors League, the Colorado Independent Publishers Association, and chair of numerous publishing conferences. She’s a partner in MastersofBookMarketing.com with Dan Poynter and Brian Jud. Judith knows publishing. Known as The Book Shepherd to many, she’s personally guided hundreds of publishing clients throughout the United States. Her websites are www.TheBookShepherd.com and www.AuthorU.org.